Level of Consciousness - Divine Love (2nd step of Enlightenment)
“The man who is kind and who practices righteousness, who remains passive against the affairs of the world, who considers all creatures on earth as his own self, he attains the Immortal Being; the true God is ever with him.” (Kabir)
Divine Love is the second step of Enlightenment, when one goes beyond the deepest unconsciousness, which is also the great universal womb, and comes ‘out of the universe’ into the Divine, where Pure Consciousness can be experienced more directly.
The Unconsciousness or the Great Void is like the night, and the Divine Self is like the Eternal Light of the Sun that never sleeps.
Through Grace, a person reaches the second step of Enlightenment as no person can transcend the Universe itself on their own. Grace is usually received from the present Enlightened Beings, as well as from devotion to the past Enlightened Beings and Deities.
The seeker realizes that their efforts to become enlightened, or to get rid of the remaining ego, would not suffice without the higher power of Grace. Therefore, true Devotion and Surrender to the Divine/God (in any higher forms) are a great way to remove obstacles on the path of Enlightenment.
It is a genuine unconditional Love and devotion: ‘to love for the sake of love’, becoming the ecstatic Lover of the Divine. Many Bhakti (devotional) practices become truly fruitful at this stage, allowing an experience of the sweet Nectar and Bliss of the Divine.
Meanwhile, the seeker can melt into this Divine Love, and may feel the ‘I’ sense beginning to dissolve into the Divine by giving themselves up to the Divine. The Divine light helps to transform, transmute, uplift, and melt into a higher level of Bliss (Samadhi).
Divine Love Union is also where the two universal aspects of Father God and Mother Goddess, the Alpha and Omega, are in a Divine Love Union. The Universe was created and is sustained through this Love Union. Divine Union can be experienced as completing Universal Male-Female aspects within the self.
Individuals can offer their personal and impersonal selves and their limited human-ness to the Divine. The Divine helps to transcend the aspects of human-ness of what is personal and impersonal as ‘not myself’.
Common processes & realizations
• Grace helps to penetrate through the Great Void, the womb of unconsciousness and causality, coming ‘out of the universe’ to the Divine and the Source of all creation.
• The Unconsciousness or the Great Void is like the night, and the Divine Self is like the Eternal Light of the Sun that never sleeps.
• It is through Divine Grace only that a person can rise to Divine Love consciousness, for no person on their own can transcend the universe itself.
• Grace is usually received from the present Enlightened Beings, as well as from devotion to the past Enlightened Beings and Deities.
• Divine Love is where the two universal aspects of the Father God and Mother Goddess, the Alpha and Omega, are in a Divine Love Union. The universe was born and is sustained through this union.
• It can be experienced as completion of Universal Male-Female aspects within the self.
• It is genuine unconditional Love and Devotion. Many Bhakti (devotional) practices become truly fruitful at this stage.
• It is a recognition of the Divine, and in this recognition, you melt and surrender to it. You offer and give up your own ‘I’ to the Divine, melting into the Divine. It is an offering of personal and impersonal selves to the Divine. The Divine is beyond the personal and impersonal.
• A higher level of Bliss (Samadhi) can be experienced.
Associated Meditation Practices:
Some books that may be helpful include:
Music that support this LOC:
Related topics that support this LOC:
Inner Sun Amrita Nadi
Nervous System & Grounding
Questions & Answers