Level of Consciousness - Awareness Awakening (1st step of Enlightenment)
Level of Consciousness Awareness is the realization of Awareness as your own Self. There is a considerable degree of lightness, compared to Non-Dual space. Being Awareness becomes the fundamental identity. The seeker’s consciousness is felt as a pure and all-pervading aware presence. A sense of larger openness arises as Awareness is beyond any space and nothingness.
The physical human brain lights up to the large degree of Enlightenment and brain-nervous system coherency. The conditionings and distortions unravel more quickly in Awareness, revealing a greater degree of clarity. An enlightened person can now change their perceptions and see what IS – the essence of IS-ness more directly.
In Awareness, the sense of separation from others is significantly decreased. The world seems less of a problem, and life seems to flow more smoothly. Meanwhile, the subconscious material is still surfacing to clear, but this material is increasingly subtler and easier to manage.
While problems still arise, the clarity of seeing and the sense of openness create a space for resolving issues. Some things that may have previously been perceived as problems dissolve as unimportant. A much greater degree of power and ability to meet life in a lighter way arises.
This degree of Enlightenment can be seen as the Universal Self, where consciousness now expands to encompass the whole Universe as ‘I AM All’ or ‘All-ness’. This way of being ‘All’ with everything as the entire universe is called ‘Universal Consciousness’, the ‘Universal Mind’, or ‘Unity Field’.
“You are Awareness. Awareness is another name for you. Since you are Awareness there is no need to attain or cultivate it. All that you have to do is to give up being aware of other things, that is of the not-Self. If one gives up being aware of them then pure Awareness alone remains, and that is the Self.” (Ramana Maharshi, Be as You Are, by David Goldman)
Common processes & realizations
• Realization of Awareness as your own Self.
• Awareness of Awareness now becomes the fundamental identity.
• The Presence of Awareness is always here and now.
• Transcendence of objectivity, becoming the Pure Subject.
• I AM-ness becomes less tangible, and feels more as All-ness.
• A greater degree of power and the ability to meet life in a lighter way arise.
• The Universal Self, that is, the previous Cosmic Self is now expanded to encompass the whole Universe.
• At this stage, an enlightened person can change their perceptions (Emotions –> Thoughts –> Cognitions –> Perceptions) and their fundamental views on reality to see what IS from the perspective of enlightened clarity.
• The physical human nervous system has been lit up or literally ‘enlightened’. This is the first level of Enlightenment, leading to greater brain-nervous system coherence.
Associated Meditation Practices:
Some books that may be helpful include:
Music that support this LOC:
Related topics that support this LOC:
Inner Sun - Heart on the Right
I AM Practice
Anytime Anywhere Practices
Questions & Answers